Monday, August 30, 2010

Operation Washboard

So I woke up on Friday morning with AF finally, went to the doctor for my baseline and of course I have 2 cysts, one on each ovary. I had prepared myself for that but it still hurt. Now I am back on BCP for the month. Boo.

I need something to occupy these next four weeks so today is Day 1 of Operation Washboard. Now I am not expecting washboard abs in 4 weeks but I need some improvement in that area. I am blaming it on all the hormones I have taken but I seem to have accumulated several extra pounds in that area only the past few months. I am in a wedding in October and have a 8 day beach vacation planned for November so I would like to get back to my old body.

I have IBS so the plan is a gluten free and dairy free diet (mostly anyway, I can't give up cheese and the occasional pasta splurge) and I am going to start working out again. I will keep you updated on how it is going!

1 comment:

  1. Good plan! I, too, feel like the pounds I've put on while taking fertility drugs are clustered around my waist. Until this last year I prided myself on my flat abs--now, I look at them and wonder if they will ever go back.

    Since I'm in the 2ww of my first IVF cycle, The only exercise I do is walking every other day. So lame. My muscles feel like they are atrophying :(

    All for a good cause....

    ReplyDelete