Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Officially Basted

That is how B refers to my IUI's, he calls it "getting basted". This first cycle of Follistim was touch and go as far as my dosage and number of follies. I was never really sure until the day I triggered if I was going to or how many follicles there would end up being. After 5 monitoring appointments in 9 days, I finally triggered on Sunday with 3 follicles and had back to back IUI's Monday and today.

As always, I am hopeful this is finally it. Between the 3 follicles and B's rock star sperm, how can it not work? Yet I know the odds are only about 20%. It's so hard not to get excited but then I hate being disappointed, which inevitably always happens. I am already thinking ahead to next cycle, which will probably be a break cycle because I had two follicles at the time of trigger that were about 12mm so I am sure they will turn into cysts. It's so hard to find the right balance between feeling positive and feeling negative about the whole situation.

6 comments:

  1. Well, 3 follies + rock star sperm is definitely a good way to go into the 2ww!! Hoping that you finally get the BFP you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this it it for you! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as though this cycle finds you with positive follies and rock star sperm! Wishing you a quick 2ww that has good news at the end of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with Josey that you have fighting chance!!!

    Wishing you a fast wait with a wonderful ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am def crossing my fingers for you and keeping the hope for you!

    ReplyDelete