Monday, January 16, 2012

Deja Vu

I knew better than to have much hope for this IVF cycle, I even said that in my last post.  I have never been a good responder and with my FSH I really can't expect too much.  Still, there was a teeny tiny part of me that was hoping things would be different with my new protocol.  I tried to be realistic, I wasn't expecting eggs in the double digits or anything but I figured there would be some improvement from last time.  I went for my first follie check on Thursday and I had 7 follies between 5-8mm.  I was shocked!  Last year I had no measurable follicles at my first appointment.  Things were looking good.  Then my E2 level came back.  It was only 68.  Last year with no measureable ones it was 54.  And it's been downhill from there.  Even after a big increase in my meds, I went back yesterday and there has been almost no growth.  They did find another follicle but none of them are over 9mm after 7 days of stims.  My E2 level was better so I am going back tomorrow for another check.  I really don't know why I am surprised, the same thing happened last year.  It still stings though.  Why can't I just catch a  break?

No comments:

Post a Comment