Wednesday, October 13, 2010


Sorry I haven't been posting much, I just haven't felt like blogging about what a shitty cycle this is. For some reason, my doctor had a really hard time stimming me and finally after 3 weeks of follistim I have one follicle large enough to trigger. I have plenty of other ones (at least 7) but they just weren't really growing much. My lining was awful so I have been on estrogen and she couldn't even monitor my E2 levels. Needless to say I don't have much hope for this cycle and left the office with a script for BCP for my break cycle. I know it only takes one but I am worried about the quality of this egg since it took so damn long to grow. Ugh. I have my beta the day before I leave for Cabo for 8 days so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If I am not preggo, at least I get to spend the next week drinking margaritas on the beach with a bunch of my friends.

I talked to her about what the plan would be for next cycle and she said it was worth it to do one more inject cycle before moving on to IVF. I am debating whether or not to do it between Thanksgiving and Christmas or just wait until after the new year. I kind of want to get it over with, if it doesn't work, I think B and I will go to Hawaii in February and then try IVF after we get back. But I don't know if I need the added stress around the holidays. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome!


  1. I'm sorry you're feeling so disappointed by how this cycle has panned out, I know how hard it can be and we pin so much hope on all these treatments but they don't always go according to plan. (((HUG))) Sending you well wishes and good luck regardless! You just never know! Having done an IVF cycle around Christmas I would recommend waiting until afterwards. You might as well enjoy the break (I was about to say Summer break but that's just on my side of the world way down under in NZ!) but if you don't want to wait that long then GO FOR IT! So jealous you are thinking about a trip to Hawaii! If only! xox

  2. If you have normally have low key, low stress holidays then yes, go for it. If they're more on the unpredictable side then yes, go for it. Basically go for it lovely lady! I'm rooting for you.


  3. I don't think it's possible to have a stress-free cycle, so if you want to keep on pushing forward, go for the cycle after Thanksgiving. Still cheering for you!

  4. I am sorry to hear about your cycle. Good Luck with whatever you decide moving forward. Every decision seems to be so agonizing when it comes to IF. Know that you are not alone...