Friday, April 1, 2011

Blasts on Board!

Well, one beautiful blast and one morula. They better be getting cozy in my ute as I type this!


The transfer was great. Took my Valium at 10 and by the time we were in the car at 10:20 I was feeling really good. We got to the office and didn't see my doctor's car so I panicked a bit. Now that I think about it, it's actually quite sad that I go there so often that I know which car is hers. Our embryologist was waiting when we got there and told us we had only one blast for transfer and out of the 4 that were remaining this was the best looking morula. He will call us this weekend and let us know if we have any to freeze but I am not banking on it. I got changed into my gown and B put his bunny suit on and then we were taken to the procedure room. My doc came in on her day off just to do my ET so I felt pretty special. B and I really love her. She had a hard time getting a good view of my ute with the abdominal u/s but finally she found the right spot. She did a quick trial run and then the real thing. I relaxed for 15 minutes and then we left. B had to go back to work but I was so sleepy after that Valium I passed out for 2 hours!

I will be watching lots of tv and movies this weekend and reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and if I finish that, The Art of Racing in the Rain. I am feeling good about this cycle right now. I know April Fools Day can have some negative connotations but not for us. 7 years ago today, B and I met randomly at an all inclusive in Mexico. I totally thought he would be just a vacation fling and I would never see him again and here we are happily married and hopefully making a baby on our 7 year anniversary! Hope everyone has a great weekend!



8 comments:

  1. I love that you met on a vacation! Hey, it's just a really, really, really long fling ;)

    God bless those beautiful little embryos! They look great, thanks for the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect day to have your transfer!!! Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy everything went so smoothly. Enjoy the rest time and sending all those loving thoughts down to your ute. Nestle deep guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your rest! I read The Art of Racing in the Rain and enjoyed it - super easy and fast read. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time for you to rest and implantation to begin! Yay, so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is it that your transfer was on the 7 year anniversary of your meeting! We had our transfer last month on our 7 year wedding anniversary! (and things are looking pretty good at the moment :)

    Those are two beautiful embryos that are cuddling with you right now! Enjoy the rest and time on the couch. and lots of lucky sticky thoughts headed in your direction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Rest up and take good care of yourself and your little embies on board!! My fingers are crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary!!

    I'm glad the ET went well - hoping and praying this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete