Sunday, February 12, 2012

Moving on...

Well, my second beta was 7 so I have stopped all meds and am waiting for my period. I am doing better than I thought I would and much better than I did after my last IVF. Thankfully, Wednesday was my day off so I spent most of it in bed and cried every time someone sent me a text, which was a lot, because I have some pretty amazing friends. After a 4 week hiatus I enjoyed coffee, wine and sex all in the same day!

Now I am just figuring out where to go from here. I was positive I was going to move on to donor eggs after this cycle but now I am having second thoughts. Not about using DE but about my diagnosis. I know my FSH is high but my AMH isn't that bad and I am not that old. At 32, going on 33, I should still have some good eggs in there. Even though I don't make that many eggs, I have a great fertilization rate, although not many make it to blast. After having 2 chemicals I am wondering if something else is going on with me. I have been doing some research and I am thinking about having a consultation with a reproductive immunologist. I am not sure how my RE will feel about this since RI seems like it not widely accepted yet.

If anyone has any thoughts, experiences, or knows of any blogs by girls who have used/are using a reproductive immunologist please let me know!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry this cycle turned out to be a bust. It is so, so hard. I'm glad you are surrounded by love and support (and chocolate, sex, and wine!).

    If you were going to cycle again, no reason not to consult with a reproductive immunologist. I don't know whether I really believe in their treatments or not, but I'm following it in any case, doing ivig even this time...another thing to consider might be to do comprehensive chromosome screening on your embryos and see what you're dealing with - make sure you are transferring only normals. I think you can use either microarray or cgh to do test all the chromosomes. several clinics are doing it now - ccrm and nyu among them...

    on the other hand, donor egg might be the fastest way to get out of this stage of things and get a baby in your arms. And that is not a bad thing either. Not at all.

    Thinking of you.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont have any experience, but wanted to send my love and prayers your way. I'm sorry it didn't work out again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( So sorry to read about this hon. I'm glad you have such a great support system around you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I have been researching RI and googled it and your blog came up. I have no experience so far, but we can compare notes/research if you want. Either way, thinking of you and so sorry you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog on Stirrup Queens. My beta is next Friday and this could be my reality in a few days. It's such a roller-coaster ride. My heart goes out to and hope you find more answers with a RI.

    ReplyDelete