Monday, July 26, 2010

Nervous

So I have been hesitating to write a new post. I really thought I was pregnant this cycle (I think I say that every cycle) and of course BFN! Got AF in full force this morning. So I met with my RE today and we decided to move on to Follistim + IUI. For some reason I am so nervous about it. She gave me the option of one more cycle of Femara but after 19 months, 5 rounds of Clomid and 3 of Femara I felt it was time to move on to something else and she agreed. Yet I still have this weird feeling in my stomach. Partly from the $600 I shelled out for the drugs and partly because I have to give myself injections every day. I'm a nurse, I have given lots of injections and I am not afraid of needles but I am not really looking forward to doing it. But if it gets me knocked up, I'll try it. I am going back to acupuncture this month also so I am hoping this is it for me otherwise I am seriously going to have to change my spending habits. I have been spoiled, up until now everything has been pretty much covered except for copays. I am so thankful we can afford this right now, I can't imagine how hard it is from you ladies who don't have good coverage. It's so unfair. The government will pay medicaid to the crackhead on the corner and her 10 kids but I can't get my fertility medications paid for.

12 comments:

  1. Hey, lady: I am so, so sorry that this cycle didn't work out. So sorry.

    Thinking of you as you make your decision. I will say that I'm doing an injects now, and although it isn't fun, it isn't awful. We're all stronger than we think we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can so do it! It really wasn't bad at all, I am even considering doing it myself when my hubs isn't home on Thursday. Sorry about your bfn as well. It will happen for both of us! Let me know how your first night of injects goes as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was blog hoping and came across your blog. Just wanted to say sorry for your bad news.

    I am also going through infertility. I have been in the battle of seven years. I have done it all....years of infertility treatments, IVF, 3 failed adoptions...and so on. It is one of the hardest things I have had to endure. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and this journey. I found you just through blog hoping.

    I have just started my own blog. It is not about my journey, or how to get pregnant, or all the methods out there. It is more about "keeping the hope" for you, others, me, and just anyone. It was started after a very long emotional blog on my family blog. someone read my blog and started a facebook group called "Keeping the hope for you." However, I noticed that you consider hope a four letter word. maybe I should not of put this on here. LOL@@@

    It was for my friends and family to keep the hope of me while I did not have the energy to do in myself. So hence my blog...http://keepingthehope4you.blogspot.com

    That is what the blog is about...helping everyone and anyone who either wants to keep the hope for them or a love one. keep our spirits up while we ride with roller coaster. I hope you stop by. I would love your comments, ideas, and thoughts.

    keeping the hope for you.....Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry that this cycle wasn't THE one for you. I will keep my mind filled with hope, that your journey to motherhood is going to come to a successful end sooner rather than later

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry this wasn't your BFP cycle. :( Hang in there - that's awesome that your fertility treatment has been covered thus far. Maybe this one cycle of expenditures will be worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The needles... yuck! But I'm afraid of them and I managed to give myself 1 shot every week for 20 weeks, so if you're not afraid of needles it'll be ok. I hope the new meds work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully you are able to handle the follistim well! And, yes, it is ridiculous that I pay for other people's Medica.id, but I don't have coverage for treatment for infertility. Absolutely ridiculous!

    ICLW #27

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry CD1 came round again. Good luck with the change of approach - this cycle could be the one! Happy ICLW x

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so sorry...ugh, you're right, the fact that we have to worry about ridiculous costs on top of everything else is maddening.

    i hope hope hope this next cycle is the *one*!

    *iclw

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry about this cycle. If it's any help, I didn't want to do the injections either but they turned out not to be that bad. Love your blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here from ICLW. I'm so sorry for the BFN. I hope the injects treat you well. I know I get disappointed and so angry and just sad whenever I think about how much we have to spend to try to get pregnant and how many can't afford it at all and how easy it is for some. Sigh. It really isn't fair and I hope it will change one day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi from ICLW! Thanks for visiting my blog :-) I'm so sorry to read your latest cycle didn't work, I hate BFN's. I hope this next plan of attack works for you. All the best!

    ICLW#109

    ReplyDelete